Nominate a writer or publisher by January 31st for 2018 APL Literary Legends!
Each year, the Albany Public Library Foundation selects a new outstanding person of letters to be honored as our Literary Legend. Our annual Literary Legends gala celebrates these writers and their contributions to the community.
This year, for the 5th annual Literary Legends gala, we have formed a new Literary Legends Selection Committee, to make the final selection of the Literary Legend. The Literary Legends Selection Committee includes members of the APL Foundation Board, the Friends of the APL, past Gala Chairpersons, and one APL librarian. (See below for this year’s committee.)
We invite the public to nominate writers for the selection committee to consider.
Please include the following information with your nomination:
- your name
- your nominee’s full name
- their connection to Albany and/or the Capital District (e.g. did they grow up in Albany? Do they currently live or teach here?)
- a bibliography of published works (and, if you are nominating a publisher or editor, please explain your nominee’s role), and
- why you believe your nominee should be honored this year as an APL Literary Legend.
Bonus questions (not required, but your answers would be helpful for the committee):
- nominee’s year of birth
- nominee’s alma mater
- any connection to the South End (where this year’s Gala will take place)
- your email and/or telephone number
You can deliver on paper, or electronically.
Paper nominations can be mailed to the Albany Public Library Foundation, 161 Washington Ave, Albany, NY 12210. Or they can be handed in to circulation at any APL Branch, clearly addressed to “APL Foundation, APL Main, 3rd Floor.”
Use our Contact Form to submit a nomination electronically.
Nominations must be received by January 31st for consideration by this year’s Selection Committee.
The 2018 Selection Committee includes:
- Holly McKenna, Board President, APL Foundation
- Roger Green, Board Member – APL Foundation and Friends of APL
- Joe Krausman, Member of Friends of APL
- Susan Novotny, Bookseller and 2017 Gala Honorary Co-Chair
- Christina Stenson-Carey, Librarian, Pine Hills Branch