Please help spread the word about this event. Raising a Reader is an amazing program working to expand literacy for all families in Albany. The Baby Shower is
- a free event
- for expectant parents, new parents, and parents of preschool-age children, and for kids, of course!
- (Grandparents are welcome, too!)
- Adults learn tips and tools to make reading fun.
- Children enjoy stories, crafts, and active play.
- Each child receives a special tote bag and free book for the family’s home library.
Please tell your friends with babies and toddlers at home. Print a flyer and bring it to your pre-school. Share the Facebook event page. Help the Library to get the word out so that Raising a Reader can reach more families this year.
The Baby Shower is a fun and easy way for families to find out more about the Raising a Reader early literacy initiative. This free self-paced program is available at all branches and encourages parents to read to children ages five and younger. The goal is for each participant to read at least 1,000 books to his or her children before they start kindergarten. This prepares children to read on their own and helps strengthen their vocabulary and language skills.
Raising a Reader is a priority program for the APL Foundation this year. Between now and May 30th, gifts to the APL Foundation will be designated to supporting Raising a Reader.