We need your help to reach our goals on Giving Tuesday!
The Albany Public Library and APL Foundation will be supporting the Growing Readers Early Literacy Program this #GivingTuesday.
We need your help to make our campaign a success, and we’ve included a few easy ways that you can support us.
Share and share alike. Online days of giving are successful because of our own networks. Use your social media networks: Invite your Facebook friends to our Facebook event, retweet Tweets with hashtag #NYGivesDay, share your love for the Albany Public Library and literacy on social media! If your family went through the Growing Readers program, tell a story about your child or family’s experience.
Be a champion! We need fundraising champions and membership champions!
Fundraising ChampionsHelp APL Foundation raise $1000 for Growing Readers. Make a donation and share our donation page with others.
Membership ChampionsHelp APL register 25 new children in Growing Readers. Find a storytime and invite new parents.
2018 is the 2nd Year that APL Foundation and APL Youth Services are partnering on #GivingTuesday, to support the APL Early Literacy Program. (GrowingReaders)
The APL Foundation will be raising money for Growing Readers on Giving Tuesday.
- Donations will be collected at all APL branches on 11/27, and online.
- To donate at a branch, visit any circulation desk and let them know you would like to donate to the Library Foundation. You can donate at branches with cash, debit card, or credit card.
- Donate online through our #NYGivesDay portal–> https://bit.ly/2DMR7Go
- APL Foundation aims to raise $1000 on #GivingTuesday.
- Help us reach our goal by sharing our appeal page on social media. If your child participates or has participated in our early literacy program (storytime, Growing Readers, baby shower, etc) please share a story about how the library has helped your child or your family.
Albany Public Library Youth Services will kick off a push for new participants in Growing Readers from Tuesday 11/27 through Saturday 12/1.
- APL Youth Services aims to register 25 new children by Saturday, 12/1.
- Help us reach our goal by bringing a family to storytime and encouraging them to sign up for Growing Readers.
What is #GivingTuesday?
- #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that has been built by families, organizations, businesses, and communities in all 50 states.
- #GivingTuesday happens on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.
- This year, #GivingTuesday takes place on November 27.